Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Week


These boots were certainly NOT made for walking-at least for Maggie. She climbed in on her own but then got stuck. It gave me enough time to run and get the camera though!
Maggie throwing out deer corn-the most we saw come to eat was 8, but they don't stick around long with Maggie around!
As I was trying to cut up a fruit salad, my little helper was eating it almost as fast as I put it in the bowl. It was about half the size I had intended it to be.

Will borrowed my shoe to kick a smoke bomb and ended up kicking my shoe on top of it! They haven't smelled the same since...
I do love sequence pictures. This first one is one I took without them knowing. See how they're both pulling each other's hair? The next one is the one I took immediately after the flash went off on the first one. Busted!


Maggie loved throwing rocks at this creek. At first I think she thought Will was tricking her-trying to get her into trouble.






It was such a pretty day, so we let the kids eat Thanksgiving dinner outside while the adults watched football inside!








Will and Ariel-I mean Molly-playing with their boxes. Of all the toys and things to do, they had the most fun playing house in a huge box. I think they were "making soup" in this smaller one.










Will loved riding the mules and I need one of these dogs-it's a labradoodle and it's the sweetest dog ever!
Maggie gathering eggs-she wasn't real sure about this whole process, but she loved eating those eggs!
The kids holding up their empty egg crates ready to gather some eggs-they weren't quite as excited once they made it into the coop.
Feeding the chickens-then trying to catch them. Not so easy!
Our first Santa sighting of the year at the retirement home we visited with our Young Families class at Church.
Molly and Will saying goodbye the morning we had to leave LR. Will was so bummed to leave his "cousits" but was excited to come home to his dogs!
Will and Allie Grace-how fun is her skirt?
Maggie excited about decorating the tree. Every time she "hung" one on the tree, she would dance around and sing "I DID IT" with this huge grin!

It's been such a busy few weeks around here with Eric out of town for work, then all of us at my sister's for Thanksgiving. We've had a great time and I have WAY too many pictures. Highlights of the last two weeks-time to reflect on my many many blessings, my 6th anniversary with my wonderful husband, a great week in Arkansas with my sister and her family, going Black Friday shopping with my sister and Eric-it makes all the difference having a driver and package carrier!, and getting out all the Christmas decorations and watching both my kids decorate the tree for the first time (even though they're all on the bottom two branches or on the floor (or broken)).
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: