Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Justice League

Ready for action. They started begging to go around 4, but I managed to hold them off until about 5. It was a struggle that first hour to find a house we could visit, but they had fun anyway.
The batkids "flying" from one house to the next






The Justice League and their siblings-Caleb and Ethan, Tyler and Maddie, Will and Maggie. Unfortunately we got no pictures with the rest of the league-Allie, Caroline and Carter
Tyler, Will, and Ethan

Will asked me what I was going to be for Halloween, and when I didn't have an answer, he suggested dressing up as Grammy and Chief. There are lots of private jokes in our outfits that some people may not get, but trust me when I say our impressions were a hit! My brother and his wife did the same thing, so my sweet Maggie was confused all night when she was looking for me or Eric and all there was were GrammyChiefs everywhere.
I'm sorry, Scott, but I had to put this picture on here...All night he kept tricking her into coming to him (remember she's a MAJOR mama's girl, but she will almost always go to her chief)-right before this picture, she gave him a sweet hug and kiss so I got my camera out to capture the moment and caught THIS. There are so many possible labels for that face! This sweet lady decorates her whole front porch every year, so I was determined to get their picture here-unfortunately they all kept getting caught up in that sticky spider web!
Maggie and HER baby, Maddie

Poor Maggie-she was a trooper with this mask, but it was sliding down all night!

At the Halloween light fest-the kids had a great time, but unfortunately I got very few good pictures.
Carving Jack-o-lanterns. This was fun for about, oh, five seconds, but he really liked them as a finished product.
We were cleaning things out of the garage and Will found these seagrass mats that we use at the beach. Now they're his "outside nap mats" for when he needs a "little rest" while he's playing outside. It started out kind of funny, but now he's started moving books outside to "read in bed" and having my dad get down there to tell him stories...

Our neighbor brought us a cord of wood the other day and the kids were intrigued by this for some reason. I felt kind of bad sitting and watching him carry the wood from his truck to our back yard, but that's what we did. It felt like watching paint dry to me, but the kids loved it. They even wanted a snack while they watched. Oh, to be three (or one).

Okay, nothing to do with Halloween, but one day Will convinced me that he and Maggie should take their nap together in his room. I must have lost my mind when I agreed to this. I told them some stories, scratched their backs, and tucked them in and they actually seemed almost asleep. I tiptoed quietly out, and within 10 seconds heard giggling, banging on the wall, more giggling, then screaming, then singing, and so on. I grabbed my camera and ran to his room. As I opened the door, all the noise stopped and I aimed my camera in the direction of his bed (it was dark so I couldn't see). I almost died laughing when I saw the picture. Needless to say, they went their separate ways.

So this was a week full of superheroes around here. The kids had several chances to get dressed up and practice their trick or treating skills before the big day, and it paid off! We have more candy around here than we know what to do with! They had such a fun week, complete with parties, Halloween light shows, more parties, baking with mom and of course, trick or treating. We also decided to throw in a birthday party, t-ball game, and a concert (Laurie Berkner band) for good measure.

3 comments:

Brittney said...

SO cute...they look adorable flying around your neighborhood!!!! Love those two together! I also LOVE that you started at 5...that is greatness. We had to go eat to keep J off until later! Cute pics!!!

The Joyce Family said...

I like your new background! It looks like you guys are having so much fun this fall! We really enjoyed going 'treating' with you guys but I understand how Maggie felt. After it was over I wasn't quite sure if I spent the evening with you or your mom!

Cory said...

Oh my goodness! When I saw the picture of you on Halloween I didn't read below to see that you were dressed up. I could not believe your hair! I thought that was your new style. Thank heavens it's not! I about died laughing!! Plus your man looked about 60 years old! HILARIOUS!! The kiddos looked super cute. :)