Sunday, November 9, 2008

Happy Fall Y'all


Hook 'em horns! This is Will in his "Colt CaMoy" jersey


Maggie was a little tentative at first-then she saw Will take off and warmed right up!

We had our first week of "fall" (you know, the holiday that follows Halloween?) here and enjoyed every minute. We raked leaves and jumped in them, made our fall crafts (fun with feathers and paint), went on nature walks for pretty leaves, picked tomatoes, and decorated the house with all the fun fall stuff (and for you KB and PP, we loaded up on sweet cinnamon pumpkin at B & Bworks). The kids have really enjoyed the weather and we've basically moved outside. It seems like every meal is a picnic these days.

Maggie got her first haircut this week. I know it seems like there really wasn't enough to cut, but I'd heard the "m" word (mullet) mentioned around (and about) her a few times recently, so it was time. Will's first haircut was so ceremonial, on his very first birthday at the place where you sit in fun cars and watch cartoons and he had an envelope full of hair to put in his silver keepsakes. Maggie's was a bit different, but I must say far more successful. We went to Miss Lisa, the only person to ever cut Will's hair without a fight, and she did great. All 2 centimeters that was cut off...but hey, no more mullet talk!

4 comments:

Paige said...

Thanks for the shout out SM, I have been wearing my sweet cinnamon pumpkin lately...and I went to BBW today and it is now 50% off if you need some more! Love the pics!

The Joyce Family said...

Great jumpin' in the leaves pixs...what pretty grass you guys have. And the kids are cute too!

Brittney said...

I love the picture of will jumping in the leaves! So cute! I also love the Colt McCoy jersey although we are not Texas fans in this house. I just think when his parents named him Colt McCoy, that he was DESTINED to pay QB for the longhorns!!!!!

Karen said...

Love M's shades. Makes me laugh!

I love it that W says "Colt CaMoy". Never thought EM would allow such in his household.

You won't believe it but I'm still using the pumpkin lotion from when we were in the office together. Shows you how much lotion I use these days. Most of them seem to find their ways upstairs to Yulia's bathroom!