Monday, December 8, 2008

Jolly Old St. Nicholas







So we made our first attempt at sitting on Santa's lap, and probably our last for the year. We had already seen Santa once this year and Maggie loved him, but no so much the Santa at the mall. I was prepared with special Christmas cookie bribes, and I had the luxury of a candy store directly across the hall from Santa, but Maggie wasn't hearing any of it. Will did fantastic-he climbed up on his lap, asked him if our Elf on a Shelf "Cucumber" had been telling him all the good things he's been doing, and asked very nicely for Santa to bring him a bike. Then came Maggie-already screaming. The people asked if I wanted to take her on a walk and try again later, but I know Maggie, and that wouldn't have changed the fact that a big bearded man wanted to hold her. So this is the picture we got. I learned last year not to be disappointed and remember that this will be funnier in the long run.

CHRISTMASES PAST

I'm just realizing I bought him the same shirt to wear this year as last. Other than Maggie being a year older, these pictures are remarkably similar!

I can't find the disc with Will's second year visit to Santa, but see how easy his first visit was? It tricked me into thinking they were all going to be this easy.

5 comments:

Mittig family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

I am dreading going this year! I think E.C. will be fine, I hope Will is still to young to know any better! Hope you are all well!

The Joyce Family said...

I love that Maggie is screaming in both of her pictures with Santa, too cute! I also like your new blog page-very seasonal!

mkburcham said...

Ha! Maggie is too cute--I have seen pictures of myself with Santa while I was younger screaming..I mean, what is so scary about a big old man in a red suit with a white beard..ha! I am anxious to see how Jonas reacts this year..oh fun times! Glad all is going well with you and you are enjoying the holidays! Love Mer

Brittney said...

Oh man...I am sure that BOTH mine will cry this year. I am so behind that I haven't even thought to go see Santa yet! LAst year, I had taken Jillian by about 15 times already just to warm her up to the jolly man!

We would love to meet on Wednesday...any good ideas where?