Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Pre Halloween Festivities


Cruising from the coffee table to the couch!


This is her "remember how cute I am because I'm about to be mischevious" look


Will in the ballpit at the bottom of the slide

Will and Allie Grace. They literally slid for an hour without stopping.



This cracks me up-everytime I lay her down, she immediately flips over and stands up before I can even get to the door. At first I would settle her back in and lay her down again, but I've started just letting her figure it out on her own. This is how I find her now when I go to check on her-her head resting on her bumper pad (I know I need to take this out).

Maggie's first attempt at a slide.

Will and Maggie at the Harvest Party. I still haven't managed a good picture in their costumes. And Will does have fire boots-he just couldn't work the bouncy slide in them!


I was going to wait until the trick-or-treating marked the official end of Halloween to post, but I'm not sure when I can post again so I decided to go ahead and blog about the past 5 days of parties. Saturday was our Harvest Party at church. Will had a blast, once again on a bouncy slide. He had to be pulled off of it while the party was going on so other children could play on it, and after it was over Eric and I stayed an hour or so to help with the take down and they had to deflate the bouncy slide to get Will to leave it. It was kind of funny-when I went in his room Sunday morning to get him up for church he jumped up in bed and fell back down. He looked at me with this serious face and said "Oh, Mom...my legs don't work." He walked a little funny for awhile that morning-he had actually gotten sore from climbing the slide so many times. That's saying a lot too, because this boy NEVER sits still and practically lives at the park.

We had a party at Will's school, but he was so distracted from having Eric, Maggie, and I there that he didn't really get into it that much. We also had our neighborhood party. Every year they have a firetruck and firemen there for the kids to play with. Since Will was a fireman and Maggie a dalmation, obviously I really wanted to take advantage of that photo op! Well we got there late because Will took a really long nap that day and the firetruck was pulling away, but they were nice enough to pull down a side street and let Will climb on it by himself. No pics of that either though-they got a call about a fire and had to go, but Will did get to see the lights and sirens up close!

We are going trick or treating tonight around the neighborhood, then to my parents' house and then up to our church for "trunk or treat." Will's been practicing all day.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

What cutie pies! I love all the pictures! Isn't it crazy how big of a deal Halloween is. So many parties that it seems like it goes on and on! Looks like Will & Maggie had a great time!