Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Family Week



Will and Eric carving a jackolantern.



Will and Aidan making silly faces



Will coloring a pumpkin with markers. FYI-they don't dry-EVER!



Will was playing with his magnadoodle the other day and brought it to me to show me how he wrote his name-sorry for the brief "have to show off my son's new trick" moment! Am I the only one who can tell it says Will?



At the cafe halfway through Fossil Rim



Will driving the truck on the "safari"



Don't worry-the window was rolled up when this ostrich was checking Maggie out



A giraffe eating out of Eric's hands. Will wasn't sure what to think about all this.


Will literally fell asleep while drinking some water on the way home.

Another busy week in the Mittig household. As most of you know, last Friday was Eric's last day of work, so we've spent the last 5 days doing lots of fun stuff with Daddy! We've gone to the park several times, gone on walks almost every day, carved pumpkins, stomped in puddles, and lots of other fun things. Our friends Aaron and Collette brought their two kids, Aidan and Ella, over on Saturday. All the kids had a blast playing together.

Today we drove about an hour out of town and went to Fossil Rim. It's so neat-I'm not sure why we never thought to do this before. We drove through for about 2 hours and fed all kinds of animals-it's amazing to see them come right up to your window and look at you like "Where's my food?" Zebras, Deer, Goats, Llamas, Ostriches, and some other things with special names that aren't in our childrens' books. The giraffes actually ducked their heads into the truck and ate right out of Eric's hands. Will and I weren't sure we wanted to participate. They also have cheetas and rhinos, but they're in a fenced area where you can see them but for some reason they don't allow two year olds to feed them :)

As for updates on the kids. Maggie is now starting to walk behind one of those push walkers-only on the carpet. She is also pulling up on just about everything, including our brick fireplace surrounded by slate floors-not a comfy landing for a wabbly 7 month old. So it's nice to have an extra set of hands around to help keep an eye on her. We're starting to work more on potty training with Will, but I still don't think he's ready. It will be so nice to only have one in diapers-someday!

Hope everyone has a safe and happy halloween!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Cute pictures, can't wait to see you guys next week. I immediately saw "Will" and thank you for the info on the pumpkins, I was thinking of doing that too!

Natalie Church said...

Those animals are almost in your car!! Wow! I'm glad ya'll have had a fun week with Eric. One more week and I finally get to see you...about time!

Kimberly said...

Wow I can't believe that a giraffe was practically in your car!! That is sooo cool! I wish we could go!

Mindy said...

oh those pics are soo awesome! Very cool that you got the "will" pic! I am so impressed...and awesome to know that you made it a year. I am thinking of extending my goal a little further, but we will see.