Wednesday, May 2, 2007

ENT Appointment




Well I know you're all going to be surprised with 2 posts in one week! We had our ENT appt. this morning, and Will definitely needs tubes. He's scheduled for May 24, 2 days after his second birthday. It's a quick procedure and we should see immediate improvement, so that's exciting! Of course I'm worried about the anesthesia, but I'm trying not to focus on that part. Dr. Palmer said that the fluid probably never drained from Will's ears after his very first ear infection, and that each time he gets a cold, his body's defenses focus on the new infection, rather than his ears, so that's when he gets another ear infection. So I guess once the tubes drain the fluid, he should be pretty much home free on ear infections. Poor baby's had fluid in his ears for almost a year! One of the nurses said he's going to start talking a lot more once the surgery is over-I really don't know how that's possible. It's also supposed to improve his balance, and once Eric and I started thinking about it, he does seem to fall down a lot-I just thought he was graceful like me.

So that's the update there. The pictures are just some of the kids around the house. I had a headband on the other day and Will thought it was my sunglasses and asked to wear it. Once he had it on he didn't want to take it off! I'm not sure how Eric felt about Will wearing "hair accessories." So that's life with us right now. I had the kids' pictures taken the other day, so I'll post some once I get the CD.

No comments: