Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Cold that Never Ends...




"Of all the things I have to play, I'd choose my brother any day"
I borrowed this quote from my friend Amber's blog and I just love it. Maggie really adores her brother, and I'm pretty sure he likes her okay too!

I know they're going to kill me for these bathtub pictures someday. Here they are checking out each other's mohawks.


I don't have many updates because unfortunately, we are all still trying to get rid of this cold that started two weeks ago. We've managed a trip to Chuck E Cheese, several shopping days to get ready for school, swimming at Uncle Scotty's, and a few other fun things here and there, but for the most part, we've been home, santizing every surface with bleach or a lysol wipe. I'm totally off my game, so I've taken only a few pictures, but we had Meet the Teacher at school this morning, and I managed to grab a few on the way out the door. We're very excited for the new school year, and we're all crossing our fingers that Maggie won't scream the teachers into deafness when I leave the room!

As for updates on the kids, Maggie is really starting to talk, adding new words everyday and combining them now. She still thinks she can do everything Will does, and won't usually accept any help. One day last week while I was trying to sanitize the house, I let the kids play in the backyard by themselves (Eric and I could both see the backyard and Payton was guarding the gate!). I had gone into the laundry room for a split second and Will came in the backdoor laughing. He said, "Do you want to see something funny, Mom?" I told him "of course", so he led me outside and Maggie was on the top rung of the tallest ladder on the playground. I didn't want to panic and scare her into falling off the ladder, so I slowly walked over to guard against a fall, but by the time I got there, she had shimmied through the tunnel and was laughing at me from the other side. I'm used to her getting into the trampoline by herself, climbing into her chair at the table and demanding food, and climbing into the bathtub because she wants to play in the water, but that was a new one for me. I didn't even let Will climb the tallest ladder alone until this summer.

Guess that's all. Will starts t-ball soon, and I'm hoping to find Maggie a good gymnastics class!

6 comments:

The Joyce Family said...

What sweet pictures! I love the bathtub one! I can't wait to hear Maggie saying new words how quickly they grow-up. However I usually just get,"No Mommy" or "My baby"!

mkburcham said...

Maggie is so Will's little shadow--so sweet! The mohawk picture of them is priceless! I hope that ya'll start feeling better soon..that doesn't sound so fun! Love and Miss ya!

Rhonda said...

HaHa!! Reminds me of the time I was putting Christmas lights on the house. I heard Zach, who was 2at the time, calling my name and turned around to see that he had followed me up the ladder and was standing on the tallest part of the roof. That was the first of the many gray hairs that boy gave me!! I guess Maggie is your Zach. Have fun with that!!

Brittney said...

It stinks to be sick in the summer...i always feel like it should only happen in the winter or soemthing!

Ok, I figured out the perfect play date for us...I know you guys like going to the pumpkin patch in Flower Mound, right? Well, I was thinking that when it opens, we should meet up out there and let the kiddos run wild...and then we can go out to eat! What do you think?

Missanyss said...

Cute bathtub pics! They look like they have fun together! Haven't seen ya'll in a while...hope all is well.

Keeley White said...

Too cute of pictures! I love how Maggie looks up to Will. There is nothing like having that older brother to look after you! When are you coming to Nashville? I mean its not like you have a long ways to drive and 2 kids..haha!!