Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Beginning of Fall!!!


I am planning to get Maggie a jersey, but she's so little and I haven't found one that doesn't fall off her shoulders! She'll have to be a cheerleader for now!

Maggie and her friend Vance at their first Cowboys party

This is most of the babies Maggie will grow up with at church-Zane, Darcy, Maddie, Vance, Maggie, and Caleb. Now I've taken plenty of pictures where I can't get everyone to look at the same time, but this is my first where NO ONE was looking!

She's very into summersaults these days. I've got to get this girl into gymnastics!

Outside the school on our very first day!


Will showing Maggie how fun it is to walk in! She did fine, right up until we got to her classroom door.

Will and Tyler getting to go to school together for the first time.


We always have to stop and greet the fish on our way in.

Maggie loved all the kids and toys, as long as she could see her Mama!

I guess she was tired after a long first day of preschool.


This is one of my favorite times of year! Really I love all changes of seasons I guess, but the beginning of fall means cooler weather, new wardrobes, school shopping, the holidays are coming, and of course, football season. We went to a party at church Sunday night and we had to all wear our Cowboy gear!
We decided to switch schools this year and go back to the program Will attended when he was Maggie's age. It was a tough decision, but it made it easier to have Tyler and Ethan switching too. Will was so excited to go to school with his friends and he loves his teacher.

Maggie, I knew, was going to be a little trickier. All the cute monogram backpacks and telling her how much fun it was going to be were not going to matter much once I left the room. We had orientation last week, and she cried for about 20 minutes once I left. I know, most babies "cry it out" but that's not really her style. She cries until you give her what she wants. Her teachers are wonderful, and they invited me to come in and start the transition process a little more gradually. So I got to go to school too! Our first real day was today, and there were two other parents "invited" to stay as well. All the kids had a great time, and Maggie barely acknowledged I was there, but if she looked up and I wasn't within eye shot, it was a different story. Looks like my errand running child-free will have to wait.

3 comments:

mkburcham said...

Ahh, she will get more comforable I am sure, but that is very cool that the teachers will have you stay to help her transition. I am with you, I love Fall also-it is such a cozy time of year! I love the cheerleading outfit!! So cute! I am glad all is going well! Love and miss ya!

Brittney said...

SO cute!!! We just got Jillian the same cheerleader outfit, so the girls will be twinkies!

So, you will be very impressed...I saw Bradie!!!!! He was pulling out of his drive way, so I haled you-know-what to get down to his house and see him...and he drove right past me!!!! He was driving some really sweet Silver Mercedes...totally expensive!!! Anyway, as soon as him and I become good friends, I will introduce you!

Mindy said...

What great little cowboy fans. Although I am not a Dallas lover, it is hard not to root for them when you see your babies all ready to go! Adorable. Oh and Maggies little pink romper is so cute. She is still so little.