Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Playing Catch-up


Will's "graduation" party from swim class. I can't say this was Will's favorite two weeks of the summer, but Chris was a great teacher!

This is an older picture, but my Dad has become a little obsessed with building block towers for Will, one always taller than the next. I think this one was 30 something inches, and his new record is 54 or something. Oh, to be a Grandpa...

Will's first trip to the circus. Sadly, his favorite part was getting that spinner thing. And I have to say that clowns freak me out less than I remember!

Some sad news in our family that only dog lovers can appreciate. My brother's English Mastiff, Jersey, passed away. She was born about a week later than Maggie and was such a sweet puppy. They recently discovered she had a football sized tumor in her liver, and after they took it out, said she had some rare fungal infection and probably wouldn't make it. This is her when she was about a month old.

She really was a member of their family!

Brandon, my nephew, and his sweet dog.


Since we got back from vacation, our whole family has been sick-not all at one time, but it seems like someone has been battling a cold almost every day. One good thing though, is that both the kids had follow ups with the ENT this week, and pre-tubes, Maggie would have most certainly had an ear infection but she was ALL CLEAR! It was such good news-I don't remember the last time she didn't follow up a cold with an ear infection. Will had his first trip to the audiologist while we were there. His hearing checked out fine, which was not a surprise, but they did another test called a tympanogram and it showed negative pressure in both middle ears and that his tubes were officially not functioning. I guess that wasn't a huge shock either, but the surprise was when the ENT didn't recommend a second set of tubes...yet. He said to come back in a few months for a reassessment.

Other than that, we've been getting ready for back to school with shopping, picking out backpacks, and attempting to adjust sleep schedules although I have really enjoyed waking up at 8:30 all summer!

4 comments:

The Joyce Family said...

I'm so glad to hear all the good reports from the ENT! But I'm sorry to hear about Jersey. Dog's really can become family members.

Kimberly said...

OH I hate hearing about Jersey's loss!

Wendy said...

Ahh, that's so sad about Jersey! I remember her when she was a puppy. When did this happen?

Brittney said...

I am so sad to hear about the puppy dying! We had something similar and our 3 year old BABY died almost two years ago. It is a terrible loss that only dog lovers can really understand. I hate that for their family!

BTW...totally different subject...but my parents are building a new house and it islike 7 houses down from Bradie James. I knew you woul dbe impressed!