Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Week in Review


Anyone that knows Maggie knows that this girl LOVES to eat. She'll eat anything, and she literally eats from the time she wakes up to the time she goes to sleep. Family dinners are important around here and I always try to have something that we can all eat, but sometimes Eric and I like to splurge on a supreme pizza or something so I fix the kids their own "special dinners." Well after Maggie had eaten hers, she decided she'd like to try some supreme pizza as well-I'm talking mushrooms and peppers and onions, etc. She loved it of course and dug in as you can see.

This is Will on his way to my parents' house for an overnight last weekend. We're having him practice with his luggage to prepare for our Cabo trip! Oh, and for those who have flown with little ones, I'd love any tips!

I constantly hear the song "Anything you can do, I can do better" in my head when I watch these two!

Maggie at Pump it Up. Nothing beats a 17 foot inflatable slide!


So it was kind of a calm week around here, mostly just hanging out with friends and family and lots of time outdoors. I do have a couple funny things that Will has said lately that I want to jot down so I don't forget:

Will was eating dinner at my parents' house one night and my mom tried serving him broccoli (for whatever reason, he has never liked broccoli). My dad, thinking this would help, offered that Macy (my sister's oldest) loves broccoli and when she was Will's age, she called them trees. Will said "I call it broccoli, and I don't like it."

My mom and Will had gone on a little walk one day and after awhile, my mom said "Will, you're such a special boy" and Will said, "Grammy, you're just old."

I have to say, my days are filled with more laughter than I could have ever imagined-and more challenges.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

The "old Grammy" comment had me rolling and reminded of when Blaine told Mom that she was "old and crispy like paper" (when he was little). We still tell her that to this day. Kids are hilarious...especially 3 year olds!

Keeley White said...

Your kids are getting so big. I cannot believe how big Maggie is now. I am so jealous that you are going to Cabo! Can you take me with you!

amber said...

I think it's funny that the littlest kids can eat the most! Luke is also small like Maggie and he eats all the time too! Grant still eats not stop and barely gains a pound. I wish I could do that! When are you going to Cabo?! How fun! I suggest having some new toys that they have never seen on the plane and bringing snacks, snacks, and more snacks!

Brittney said...

So funny that Maggie will eat anything like supreme pizza. Jillian is the same way...green olives, peppers...it just dosen't matter! Thanks for all your sweet comments lately. I REALLY want us to meet out as soon as I get my bearings with these two babies. I think that Jillian would have a great time with your two! Hope you guys are doing well!

Brittney

Stephanie Reeves said...

I love Will's comments. That hilarious saying that your mom was just old!! That's great that Maggie is a good eater. Ruby has always been a good eater but Trip- not so much. He's a great eater as long as it's chicken nuggets... Wow! Cabo sounds fabulous! Rex is about to start a new job next week so I'm waiting to find out when he can take vacation to plan something. Have fun!!

lauren said...

How exciting that you're going to Cabo! I would say to bring toys that are the lightest but take the most time to play with for the plane ride, have them drink while taking off and landing, and bring a couple of their favorite snacks. BTW, I don't know if you saw my response to your last comment on my blog, but I really loved reading it, because that was EXACTLY how I was feeling!

Kimberly said...

Will cracks me up!! You must blog more about his funny sayings!! I love them!
I wish Maggie would teach Adalie how to eat so well!!