Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Oh, Mexico

We got back yesterday from a wonderful vacation in Cabo. My sister's family had so much fun they extended their trip a few more days! It really was such a great week, and I'm so thankful we had the opportunity to get away for awhile. The kids had a blast together, as usual. Okay, on to the pics since probably no one's reading this anymore anway...

 



 


 


 
Posted by Picasa



 


 


 


 
Posted by Picasa


 


 


 


 
Posted by Picasa

My sister and I had gone to lunch on Mother's Day and there was a little store next to the restaraunt that had these hilarious capes-we couldn't resist.

 

Not a bad place for an afternoon nap!

 

Shayla and I post massage-Happy Mother's Day!

 


 
Posted by Picasa


 

Will has this new thing when the person taking the picture says "Say cheese" he gets this hilariously confused/sad look on his face. Not so cute for the picture, but his consistency is impressive!

 

Maggie loved watching the bigger kids jump into the pool-and even tried it herself a few times!

 


 
Posted by Picasa


 


 


 

This was so precious-everytime I told Maggie "Look at the waves!" she would wave to them. I guess that is a hard concept for a little one!

 
Posted by Picasa


 

Will's first attempt at sushi. He ended up just eating chicken that he stabbed with chop sticks.
 


 


 
Posted by Picasa


 

Maggie never could get these goggles on, but it wasn't for lack of trying!


 

Will was very into the seatbelt buckle on the plane. I think it reminded him of the ones at Six Flags to be honest. He thought the mountain our house was on was a roller coaster when he looked back at it. Guess that doesn't say much for the landscape of Dallas!

 


 
Posted by Picasa


 

This is literally when Will fell asleep on the way back. Notice the planes in the background? We were already taxi-ing to the gate when he just couldn't take it anymore!


Since we were in Mexico for Mother's Day, the dads took the kids for a few hours and Shayla and I were treated to massages and facials at the house. When everyone came back, we went off for a long lunch and had such a great time catching up. I'm so glad to have a sister who is also my best friend. We always have the best time together! And what a blessing to be a mom to two such wonderful kids who make me so happy (and a wife to a pretty fantastic man)!

The rest of the trip was spent eating, relaxing, swimming, and a little more eating! The kids did great going and coming on the plane, so that was an answer to prayers...and a response to lots of snacks and a portable DVD player! Maggie had a little trouble with her ears on the way down when we were getting to Mexico, but we think that might have had something to do with her being tired and getting four new teeth! She looks like such a big girl now!

Will had some pretty funny things to say while we were there-for one, he thought the house we were staying in was Mexico-literally, just the house. One day we were swimming and he and Molly were squirting water through one of those water noodle things and Molly got it to spray really far-Will said, "Whoa, Molly, that almost went all the way to Mexico!"

He is really into the show "Little Einsteins" still, and it's really funny to hear him use musical terminology in real life settings (Mommy, go adagio-ly) and to hear him talk about real places. We were walking up the hill back to the house from the beach and he said "Here we go walking up Mt. Fuji on our way to Mexico"

Well I hope everyone enjoyed the pictures. I know there were a ton, but out of the 200 plus that I took, I thought I narrowed them down pretty well! As Will would say, "Buenos Nachos"

9 comments:

Stephanie Reeves said...

Whoa, your tan!! I gotta get some sun. Well, I'm totally jealous. I'm dying to get a vacation soon but no plans yet since Rex just started a new job this week. My friend and fellow blogger, Somer (The Days in my links), are planning a girls weekend to Dallas some time this summer but haven't set a date yet. Looks like you had a great time on your vaca. Great pics too. Love-

Wendy said...

My, what perfectly manicured toenails you have. :-) You look like y'all had so much fun! I need to get Ethan to the beach. Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Natalie Church said...

What a fun trip! O.k...Maggie is so grown up now. I feel like just in the last few weeks she has changed a lot. I'm glad ya'll had fun...love all the pictures!

Brittney said...

Wow, looks like you had so much fun! I am jealous...we went last year and had a blast! You are all so tan and such a cute little family!!!

Keeley White said...

I'm so jealous! It looks like you all had a lot of fun. I am sure the kids had a blast too. You are so tan in those pics. I need to get me one of those! I'm impressed that you were able to narrow the pics down from 200..that is always the hardest thing to do.

Missanyss said...

Wow! You and your sis got really dark! I love Mexico! Cabo is one of the places in Mexico that I have yet to visit, but it looks gorgeous! The sushi pic is hilarious!

Mindy said...

what great pics and what an awesome trip! looks like your whole fam had so much fun!! Okay so the second picture is so adorable to me. The one with Will's arm around Maggie. SOoo cute! And good job on your tan little momma!

mkburcham said...

Wow, what a fun place to spend Mother's Day! The pics on the beach turned out great-and you are really tan..I am jealous and need to get a tan soon! I am glad you got to have a little pampering and the kids got to have fun..what a great Mother's Day! Great pics. Love ya!

Kimberly said...

Wow I am soo jealous! Sounds like the best mother's day ever!!! You make it look so easy vacationing with two kiddos. Will cracks me up!