Monday, April 14, 2008

Trip to Little Rock


My sister's dogwoods and tulips, etc. were all in full bloom so I attempted a mini photo shoot. Didn't go quite as planned...



I think this picture is so funny because it looks like Maggie is actually drawing that train!

Sliding under Macy's bridge

Hanging out with Molly

We learned all about static electricity


Will and Molly at Macy's soccer game Saturday morning-it was SO windy and cold, we didn't stay too long

Our last night there-we hadn't made Will or Molly take naps that day and this was at about 8:00 that evening. Molly had already gone to bed without anyone knowing-we just found her asleep in her bed. After Will wandered around aimlessly with his partner in crime already gone to sleep, I convinced him to let my dad tell him some stories. After about 2 minutes, this is what I found.


This was at home the day before we left. Will had been carrying around or wearing his rain boots for a few days, so I didn't really think it was strange to see him hanging out in his raincoat with the umbrella. He asked to help me get the mail, so we walked outside-keep in mind it was a pretty warm (and rainfree) evening-and he just stood there like this. A lady walked by and said hi to him and asked what he was doing. He said "Oh, I'm just waiting on the rain."

Payton was not impressed with the new patio cover. Since it's dried in now, I let her stay outside when it was drizzling one day rather than her usual comfy dog bed in the house.

Maggie attacking a banana. By far her favorite food. She'll stand in the kitchen under where I keep the fruit bowl and say "nana, nana, nana" now.


The kids and I took a long weekend trip to Little Rock to visit my sister with my parents and granny. The weather cut our trip a little short because we were afraid we were going to get stuck driving in a tornado, but we made it safely and squeezed in plenty of fun times. Will and Molly, who is 6 months older than Will, have finally turned that corner from competitors to co-conspirators and it's hilarious to watch them together. Maggie loved all the craziness and activity that used to really overstimulate Will. She just can't get enough! Thanks for a great trip Williams family!

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Wow, your sister's backyard is amazing! Sure makes our Texas backyards's look NOT so fabulous!!! I love Maggie eating the banana! That is so cute!

Mindy said...

you came to Little Rock and I didnt even know it! Sneaky sneaky! Seriously her backyard is gorgeous! I personally would like to give Will a shout out for the fabulous rain gear. I must say he did it up right!