Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Ready for Spring


Is this how I get back into my chair? I'm still hungry!

We got a few comments on how Maggie and Will look like they have such a great relationship, and they do, but they also have their battles...Maggie has finally learned to tackle Will like he tackles her!

We got home from church and Eric was with the kids so I could get ready to go somewhere. This is how I found them-Eric and Will had changed into comfy clothes, while Maggie was jumping on the trampoline in her dress and tights!

Maggie and Will in the tunnel up in the playground. I didn't realize it was such a dark picture-sorry!

Eric got a Wii for his birthday and this is the "Guitar Hero band"

Will went to the Kids' Home Depot Workshop with Eric last weekend and built a Super Bowl football stool! It came with a big sticker to put on it, but we decided to let him paint it himself instead. Love that apron!

I had this grand plan to start taking pics of the kids before church because Maggie only gets to wear her cute dresses once or twice and it's rare that at any other time (except bedtime) they are both clean and their hair brushed and Maggie with a bow still in her hair and shoes on. Well, you can see how well that went. But at least they're in the same frame.

Maggie is quite a little ham when the camera rolls out!

I hit a giant shoe sale with Maggie this morning because she grew a size and a half in less than a month! I was worried about her wanting to try shoes on because she usually takes them off and eats them or hides them from me, but she was quite the little diva. The lady kept putting shoe after shoe on and she would run to the shelf and find another pink one she thought she needed. Look how happy she is to be surrounded by all her new shoes!

Like Mommy, like daughter. For three years, Will has barely even noticed my DC cans, but Maggie is always reaching and grabbing. She thought she needed to drink one like Mommy always does!


Sorry I didn't get an update in last week. For whatever reason, I didn't take many pics last week and let's face it, who wants to read a blog without pictures? We've been keeping busy getting all the contractors in place for our new addition (Eric's office, no-I'm not pregnant) and updating the kids' bathroom and finally getting our covered porch that we've been wanting since we bought this house! The kids are so happy that the cold weather from last week past and the new 80 degree weather has been here for a few days! We've been living outside as much as possible.

Everyone's doing great here-Eric's birthday is this week and one of his friends from Michigan is coming in to help us celebrate with his girlfriend for the weekend, so we're looking forward to that. Maggie has almost completely switched to people food now and loves her new sippy cups. Anything Will is doing, she needs to be doing the same thing! She is signing "more" now, but it's turning into more of a clap because when she started out doing it I would clap for her and I think she thought I was correcting her sign! Oops. That's pretty much all our "news" for now.

Good luck to Kristy and Amanda who will be having their babies this week!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Amanda who?

Natalie Church said...

What a shoe sale! I love that she loves your diet coke cans...I hope they don't pick up our habit!
Post some pics of your house once the work is done...before and after pics.
I'm working on a website for our business. I am mainly doing this for you. I'll email it to you next week once I'm done. Let's catch up soon. We've had a rough few days. I've been in the house for 6 days in a row. We'll talk soon! Miss you!

Missanyss said...

Man, that's a lot of shoes! When are we going to have a playdate? I want to invite my friend to bring her baby girl along too. We should go to Grapevine and do something sometime.

Brittney said...

I swear your little girl is always dressed so cute! Where do you get all the monogrammed dresses? Also...when and where was the shoe sale! We need to stock up!!! By the way, I have found a bunch of your college friends and they all seem to be together in Nashville! Mine are too. Us Dallas girls need to stick together!