Saturday, February 16, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

> 
Posted by Picasa


Maggie in her tutu. She was NOT digging this home photo session at all. See pic below...



I was trying to get a picture for her birthday invitation, but as you can see, this crown was not a hit. I had another one I thought she'd like better, but...



She was ripping this one off as soon as I put it on!

 
Posted by Picasa


Will decided he wanted to join in for some reason and I was so excited. But I think we may do pictures too frequently because he said "Mom, go get me a white shirt so we can take some pictures." So well trained!

 
Posted by Picasa


Making Valentine cookies. I guess asking him to smile for a picture before he ate it was just too much!

 
Posted by Picasa


After all the thought we put into our Valentine's gifts, all the kids wanted was the balloons and the candy. They were barely even interested in opening anything at all. I kept trying to get Will into the whole "present" thing and he said we should put up our Christmas tree again.

We had a great Valentine's Day! Will had a party at school and came home with two bags of valentines and candy, so of course he was happy! Eric and I grilled steaks for a dinner at home that night, but we were able to go on a double date Friday night with our friends Kim and Lee. Our church had a thing for our bigger kids and thanks to my GG for keeping Maggie! Holidays are so much more fun when you can experience them through your children, but it's nice to be able to celebrate with adults too!

Now the Valentine stuff is all packed away and we're onto decorating for Easter and getting ready for Maggie's first birthday party. It's hard to believe almost a year has already gone by, and it's also hard to believe when Will was this age I was about to be pregnant again!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's!

5 comments:

Natalie Church said...

Look at you professional photographer! Good luck planning her party! Is it going to be at your house?

Wendy said...

I think you did a good job with the pictures! I could never be a professional photographer...it's way too hard!

Mindy said...

the photo shoot looks GREAT to me! I especially LOVE the first pic. You did such a good job, little professional you!

mkburcham said...

You are so good at taking pics of your kids--and your kids are so adorable. I loved the shirt-Princess Maggie-so cute! When is her birthday?? Love ya!

Brittney said...

That first picture is so adorable...you did a good job and I am sure the invitations will turn out great. you need to post the finished product so that we can see your hard work!