Monday, February 11, 2008

Eric's Birthday Week

We had a great time celebrating Eric's birthday last week! Since his birthday was during the week, we did a simple take out dinner and Will made him some cupcakes with LOTS of additional sprinkles. Then on Friday, one of Eric's best friends from Michigan came in town with his girlfriend Angela. We had such a great time with them and are so thankful they were able to spend a weekend here. We had PERFECT 75 degree weather all weekend long so we played outside most of the time. Our friends Aaron and Collette, also from Michigan, brought their two kids over Saturday afternoon and we had a birthday party that night complete with red velvet cake and smores of course. The kids had a great time playing together and I know Eric enjoyed spending the weekend with Eric. We can't wait for them to come back to go to Six Flags with us!


Blowing out the candles on the cake-Will was so disappointed we weren't putting a candle on for each year

Aidan and Will stopped briefly for a pic-they were playing "bumper plasmas" I think!

Maggie on her plasma car

Eric, Aaron, and Eric hanging out Saturday night

The dogs have learned that Maggie will feed them anything except for her blueberries and strawberries.

Will "making" Eric's birthday cupcakes!


Maggie and Maddie at church on Sunday. Maddie is my friend Anyssa's little girl and Maggie was just loving her in bible class!

Maggie and Angela on the trampoline

Will is getting so much better with his tricycle. I think that growth spurt really helped!

Maggie at the zoo today-she was loving those fish!




Maggie seems to come up with one new trick a day to give me a panic attack-this particular morning I was doing breakfast dishes and since Maggie usually climbs into the dishwasher the second it opens, I wondered where she was. When I looked up, I realized she had taken Will's cooshie out of his chair at the table and used it as a step to get into this chair. But that's not where it ended...she gave me this devilish little smile and then climbed onto the table! There are NO pics of that because I had to throw down the camera and gather up the climber!


Of course the update is not complete without a pic of Will and Maggie!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

uhm you had best get that girl down from that chair before she gives ME a heart attack! Looks like ya'll had a good birthday week! I wish our kiddos could meet! I think I need to make a trip to ole texas to visit the mittigs and the pattersons!

Natalie Church said...

Cute pictures! I'm glad you had a fun week and great weather. It's snowing here right now. I cannot wait for Spring!

Kimberly said...

Looks like you have 2 little ones keeping you very busy! They both look sooo much like you, Summer! Absolutely adorable!
Also-I am giving you the award for the best dressed child. Maggie always has one the cutest clothes!!! I wish I was as well dressed as she is! Isn't it fun to play dress up with our real life little dolls!?

Anonymous said...

Finally made it to your blog...sorry it took so long. Going to send link to my mother cause she was so mad at me for not taking pics. See you spring time-ish for the six flags visit!