Sunday, December 9, 2007

Week 2 of the Christmas Countdown



Will's first glimpse of the carousel inflatable in our front yard.

I had ordered this snowman and it came while Eric was out of town, so Will and I put it up ourselves. I'm sure my neighbors got quite a laugh out of that one. But it was worth it in the end to see that precious face light up when an 8 foot snowman blew up in front of his eyes!

Will and I on the mini mine train-his first ride out of looney tunes land.

This rocking horse served as a great distraction for the Christmas tree last week. I would see her little face light up as she saw the tree and dart in that direction, but then she would get to the horse and forget where she was going...thankfully

Will and Tyler on the spinny-thing at Six Flags. Thank goodness parents didn't need to ride along on this one!

Will has become a lot more interactive with Maggie-including trying to tackle her when she's crawling...this is obviously one of their sweeter moments watching Baby Santa together for about 30 seconds.

This past week was Eric's first week in his new job, so he flew out last Sunday to California and didn't get back until late Friday night. Let me tell ya, I have a whole new respect for single moms. I was SO tired by about Wednesday...but we made it without too much drama.

Maggie decided she would intensify her climbing efforts while Dad was away. Once I had left the kitchen for literally 10 seconds and when I came back, she had climbed into one of Will's little chairs and onto his art table next to the fridge. By the time I got there, she was standing on the table trying to scale the side of the fridge-my best guess is she wanted to see a picture of herself hanging about midway up! She found some other interesting things to climb on too, but that was her fastest.

We're really enjoying this holiday season-Will was into it last year, but nothing like he is now! Hope everyone is enjoying theirs!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Summer Mittig,

I must say I laughed at the site of you putting up an inflatable! The things we'll do for our kids! I can't believe Maggie's getting so big.

Julie said...

they are so cute!

Kimberly said...

What a sweet brother/sister pair! They look like they will have a sweet relationship as they grow up together. I love Maggie's outfits as always! Two adorable kiddos!

Brittney said...

Wow, your yard must be so festive! I am impressed. Both the kids look adorable in their Christmas attire!
Hope you are staying dry over there! We have been cooped up all day yesterday and looks like all day today!

mkburcham said...

Maggie looks so much like you! I also love the christmas pics on the earlier post-they turned out well! I love the christmas outfits-but you always have them in cute ones! I am glad you are all enjoying the holidays! Is Eric going to have to travel a lot or was this just training?? Love ya!