Wednesday, December 19, 2007

One Crazy Week


We have entered a whole new phase that I'm super excited about-enough hair for a bow-barely!

Maggie checking out the Santa on her bib

Not a great picture, but it shows how her teeth came in on the top.

We've had to go ahead and start Christmas early in hopes of getting through all the presents this year. Two year olds are so easy to buy for! BTW, for any of you with kids this age, this Honeybee Hop game is hilarious to watch them do and keeps them occupied!!!!

I just thought this was a funny face to make while wearing that shirt.

As if the Christmas holiday season and two small children weren't keeping us busy enough, we decided to throw a few extra things in the mix this last week. It was Eric's first official week working from home, so we had lots of adjusting-trying to explain to a two year old that Daddy is home but he can't play for about 10 hours is a little tricky. We're working through the kinks and I know it will be such a blessing once we figure it all out! On Monday, our hot water heater started leaking and flooded the gameroom, so we were without hot water and a gameroom until late on Wednesday on what happened to be the first consistent week of cold weather this year. On Thursday, the guys got here to intall the new carpet I had about 5 minutes to pick out the day before. Also on Thursday, Eric and I decided it was time for a new Suburban-so in the freezing cold and pouring rain on Thursday evening, we headed out to "test drive" exactly one Suburban. Thankfully it was the perfect one because I'm not sure how much more I was up for!

The weekend brought just as much craziness, but it was all fun! Friday night was our Young Families Christmas party, Saturday Will went to "Breakfast with Mrs. Clause" and Sunday was the live Nativity at Church. After it was over, all the little kids wanted to go pet the sheep and the donkey but Will was excited to "go pet Baby Jesus."

I also have to tell you about a new thing I'm really excited about (skip if you don't have kids...) but I had bought this thing called "Ear Check" one day at the store in anticipation of what was "ear infection season" in our house when Will was Maggie's age. Anyway, Maggie had been a little fussy over the weekend but we had just been to the pediatrician last week for her 9 month check up and the doctor said it looked like she had several new teeth coming in. Well on Monday night, I remembered I had bought that Ear Check so I drug it out and in ten seconds it had diagnosed a double ear infection. She didn't have any of the things that signaled an infection with Will-fever, congestion for several days, etc. But I took her to the doctor the next morning and sure enough...double ear infection.

If anyone stuck with me through this marathon post...have a great Christmas!

4 comments:

amber said...

Wow, sounds like you all have been busy!! I was so excited to read about the Ear Check thing you bought! I haven't heard about it and I could definitely use one. Luke is just getting over a double ear infection too. I've been to the Dr. several times only to be told he's just teething, no infection. So, anything to avoid going to the Dr. would be well worth it! Thanks for sharing! Oh, where did you find it?

Karen said...

Hello Mrs. ENT, Summer Mittig!

Mindy said...

where in the world did you get that GINORMOUS bib????? It is soo great!

Mittig family said...

Amber, I got the Ear Check at Walmart-it was in with the thermometers and humidifiers.

Mindy-EBAY!!!!