Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Week


We took the kids to play at the park Christmas Eve.

Maggie and my Dad

This was the slowest train-but they had a good time!

Maggie LOVES to swing, and she's not happy unless she's going higher than her brother.

The kids reading Night Before Christmas with my Dad on Christmas Eve.

Maggie follows Molly around like Will always did with Macy. Molly is actually the first person Maggie ever walked to!

Maggie walking around on Christmas Day

Maggie rocking a few dolls to sleep

The bigger kids making the annual gingerbread house. For some reason, Tommy and Eric decided to use icing from a can rather than the stuff it comes with, so it was so heavy it collapsed later that night!

The girls and Will after Church Sunday morning in front of the tree at my parents' house.

All the grandkids after taking too many pictures that morning

Will with his new tricycle from Santa-he rode it all over the house that morning.

Maggie opening her official first doll-just before she opened her second, and her third...

Will with his car transporter truck. This was about the only picture of him being still that I could get!


Will on his smart cycle. SO FUN for kids this age!

She may look harmless, but if you look close you'll notice the shiner she gave me! She has a very hard head!



I can't believe Christmas Week is already over! My sister and her family came in on Friday and stayed through Wednesday. I think Tuesday or Wednesday is when Will started out at the front door "waiting" for Macy and Molly. When I would try to explain that they wouldn't be here for a few more days, he said "I'll just wait right here." Needless to say, he was pretty happy when they finally got here.

The weather was pretty nice the whole time so we spent most of the days over at our house so the kids could play in the yard. Christmas morning was at my brother's house and then we came here for "lunch" at around 3 and finished opening the presents up later that night. This has to be my favorite Christmas ever-Will and the girls threw out "reindeer food" the night of Christmas Eve and set out the cookies for Santa and the cheese for Santa Mouse, then we read "The Night Before Christmas" and went to bed. I loved doing the same thing with my kids that I remember doing when I was little and seeing how much Will enjoyed everything was the best part!

Maggie had a pretty big week too. She finally got her two front teeth-yes, for Christmas just like the song. She also started taking her first steps. She has a hard enough time keeping up with Will, but when Macy and Molly were here running around she had a little extra motivation!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and good luck on New Years Resolutions!

6 comments:

Natalie Church said...

Yeah...Maggie is walking! She and Tori started walking the same week! I love her pink outfit. I'm glad ya'll had a fun Christmas.

Mindy said...

oh my goodness! what a great great xmas! Your traditions sound awesome! I might have to steal the reindeer food one! And way to go maggie for getting the two front teeth! I know you are excited about that one.Also-the shiner is fnny, but that pic of ya'll two at the end is sooo adorable!

amber said...

Looks like you all had a fun Christmas! Grant has the same tricycle that Will got. He's had it for over a year and has loved it. We retired it this year when Santa brought him his first little bike with training wheels. We are supposed to be in Pensacola right now but Luke has the flu and I think another ear infection. So, I'm wondering if you can tell me where you got the Ear Check? We've checked our local pharmacies and they don't have it. I see it online but was wondering if you found it out in town? My email is wallace_family@att.net
Maggie is walking?! How fun! love, Amber

Kimberly said...

I'm so sorry and I hope its not too late but I"m just now back in town and catching up on blogging....The crib that Santa brought Adalie is made by Melissa & Doug. HOpe this helps!

Looks like your kiddos were very good this year!! I love Maggie's Baby Lulu outfit and adorable xmas attire! I'm with Mindy, the bottom pic of you two is precious!

mkburcham said...

I can't believe she is walking-they grow up so fast! It seems as though ya'll had a great Christmas..I can only imagine how much more fun Christmas is with kids-you get the chance to be a kid again! I also loved the Santa hat pics of your kids on the earlier post.. You always dress them so cute! Well, Happy New Year--and how about those Cowboys!!! love ya

Brittney said...

Hi...so glad you had a great Christmas! Maggie always wears the cutest outfits...you have to share your sources with me! The picture of the two of you is really good!