Friday, August 10, 2007

Maggie's big month













We just got back from Maggie's first trip to the beach-I'll post more on that later. This post is especially for Maggie because she's had a big month. At her four month checkup the pediatrician said to start solids and it made me so sad. For one, it meant my little baby girl was growing up, but it also reminded me of Will eating. Now he's a fantastic eater (we just discovered he loves Calimari-or Calimolly's as he calls them) but for the first 20 or so months of his life that boy did not like eating and it was always quite the experience to get him to eat anything at all. Well as you can see from the pictures, she LOVED rice cereal. Oatmeal followed the next week and was just as much of a hit. These pics are all from her first meal and she was shoveling that cereal in-by the end she had the bowl and the spoon and was trying it herself because I could not get it in there fast enough! No pics of this, but we tried peas today and she ate a whole stage one carton in one sitting.




She also had her first bible class last month. She did great and can sit up for about 20 minutes before she tuckers out. We're still working on adjusting her schedule for church so she's not so tired through class.




She also met DeDad (my Dad's Dad) for the first time. That's one of the reasons we were in Florida-it was his 95th birthday party. My sister, her girls, my brother, his wife and son, my folks, and my kids and me all drove to Florida last week and spent a few days there with DeDad. We stopped for a few days at the beach on our way home. I had to post that picture of Will "holding" her as she slides down his lap onto the sand. I think it's so funny next to the one of Macy loving on her!
So that's some of Maggie's big month. She just started that backwards crawl, so I'm starting to worry that the "real" crawl is comin' soon. She rolls all over the place, loves to stand up holding onto your fingers, laughs and smiles all day and is about to be out of the Swaddlers diapers and into a size 3-you Moms know how sad that day is! I'm already starting to backtrack my way out of "two kids is enough for me!"

2 comments:

Natalie Church said...

Sorry I didn't get to call you back tonight. I just start typing then I add all my pictures and go back and add sentences in between the actual pics...make sense? Maggie has had a big month. We just switched to cruisers about a month ago. I can't believe she is already eating that much...what a trooper! I'm glad ya'll had a good trip. I want to hear more about it. Miss you!

Stephanie Reeves said...

All of those milestones are so much fun. I've bought cereal to give to Trip but keep putting off giving it to him. I just don't want him to grow up! Looks like yall had a great time.... and thank you for your compliment on my blog but you must be seeing some sort of optical illusion! Love-