Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Fourth!


Just had to add this one in-how sweet is that? I was getting ready to rock her for her nap today and Will said he wanted to, so he climbed up in the chair and held his arms out. I wasn't sure what she was going to think about letting go of me, but she just reached out to him and laid her head on his shoulder. He gently sang "Jesus Loves Me" and rocked her and just as she was almost asleep and his song was done, he pushed her off and said "I'm all done Mom."

Daddy and Will at the ballpark. They are having such a great time with all the father-son things they're getting to do!

Tyler and Will driving down the street in Tyler's golf cart.

I know it seems like she's always got something to eat, but I'm not sure any of it actually makes it INTO her mouth!

Last time Maggie didn't get to go to the Airhogs game and this time she made sure she didn't miss out on anything!

Will with a "real" ball player! All these guys were so nice, staying out on the field and playing with the kids, signing autographs, etc.

She literally ran around the entire ballpark when we got there, checking it all out.

Uncle Scotty helping Will catch a fly ball in the outfield

Maggie and Will both LOVED the fireworks this year

At the end of a VERY long and VERY fun Fourth of July holiday!

We've had another fun few weeks since I last blogged; unfortunately I've been HORRIBLE about taking pictures. It's very unlike me, I know! We've been back to the zoo, this time with some friends for Will and some little girlfriends for Maggie too. We had great weather and a great time visiting! We've been swimming a lot, both in the play pools in our own backyard and some good friends and family's "real" pools. Both the kids are loving the water, but Maggie is getting a little daring for her mama's taste.

Our holiday weekend has been so much fun, and I have to say I am EXHAUSTED! Thursday night, we went with some friends to catch the first of the fireworks displays at the horse track. I thought Maggie would sleep through it, but I didn't want to miss out on seeing Will watch them, so I went ahead and took her. Not only did she stay awake until the show, I think she liked them the most! She was saying "pop" and "bang" and grinning ear to ear. After our late night, we slept in Friday, then headed to my brother's house for swimming and lunch with my family. A three hour nap later, and all 10 of us headed out to the Airhogs game. There were SO many more people out there than I think they expected, so after the game, the fireworks, playing on the field, and the traffic getting out of there, the kids got to bed around midnight. No mother of the year awards coming my way this year! But they had such a great time. Will loved being out there and playing, and Maggie just loved all the wide open space to run. We had plans to spend this evening with more friends and catching one more fireworks show, but we just didn't have it in us. After a cookout with friends, both the kids crashed by 9:00! Will was asking where the fireworks were as he drifted to sleep. It seems like so long ago that Maggie's bedtime was 7:30 or 8---not just Wednesday!

Sorry I don't have more pictures of other fun things, and again for the delay in between blogs. Time seems to be going so fast this summer-I can't believe it's already July! Hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday weekend!

6 comments:

The Joyce Family said...

What a fun family you guys are!! Will's friend is such a cutie.

Wendy said...

That is freakin hilarious about Will rocking Maggie then kicking her off! Hope she went to sleep after that.

Rhonda said...

Thanks for the invite!! I was feeling quite neglected. Love the blog. How cute is the story and picture of Will rocking Maggie. I've added your blog to my nightly reading of blogs. Seriously no longer have time for my own life...too busy keeping up with other people's family. It's my own little addiction.

Natalie Church said...

I loved reading about Will rocking Maggie. I thought it was the sweetest thing ever and then I read the last sentence...oh well. Typical boy, huh! We need to catch up soon! Miss you!

Brittney said...

What a fun time you had!!! Maggie looks like she is getting really tall too! Ok, now we are officially through with all of our busy stuff...so as soon as I can get Miss Jules well, then we ARE MEETING!!!! I swear...I really have been looking forward to it all summer!

Mindy said...

Looks like ya'll had such a great 4th! It seems like Maggie is looking more and more like Will to me! I dont know why I havent noticed such a similarity till now. But they are so precious!