Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Beating the Heat


At Pump it Up last week. As usual, Maggie had a blast doing everything the boys do.

Because their moms forgot to communicate that morning, the boys ended up in matching shirts. They loved it!

And matching swim suits/shirts at the water park...I didn't get a picture of their matching outfits at church on Sunday!

Maggie on her way down from being thrown for about the 100th time that day!

Poor baby played so hard at the water park-this is leaving the parking lot.

It's next to impossible to beat the heat here this summer, but so far our favorite options are Pump It Up and the water park. There's only so much playing in a plastic pool or running through sprinklers one can do! We've also just started swim lessons with both the kids and their friends Ethan and Tyler, so hopefully I'll be able to take them swimming more by myself once that's over. For now they're too much for me to handle without another set of hands (and eyes!).

We also celebrated my Dad's birthday last Saturday. Happy Birthday Chief! I didn't grow up close to my grandfather, so it makes it even more special watching my kids with theirs. I was working on a project for his birthday and I was looking back through a bunch of old pictures from when Will was a baby. I thought I'd post a few since he didn't get his first two years captured on a blog!

Will at 5 days old. This was the picture for his birth announcement

He still makes this face when he's either deep in thought or trying not to cry. How sweet is that little face?

This was the picture on his first birthday invite. I know, he needed a haircut, but I had always heard it was bad luck to cut it before the first birthday! Is it fair that he had all that hair so early and his poor little sister still doesn't?

Swimming at the old house. I think he was about three months old here.

At 9 months. It wasn't enough to play with the toys, he had to sit in the toy basket. I think we were in Shreveport here.

He looks thrilled, doesn't he?

As promised, the day of his first birthday we took him for his first haircut

I just like this picture. I think he was about 5 months old.

At our old house, Will would sit at the tupperware cabinet and empty it all out onto the floor. I got so tired of washing it everyday that I decided to give him a whole drawer in the kitchen with balls to empty out and play with. This is the exact moment he discovered the drawer.

On a trip to the cabin in Oklahoma for New Years with Shayla and her fam.

His first Easter. Oh how I miss dressing my baby in shortalls and knee socks.

I think this was one of our first trips to the zoo. Pretty sure he's zonked out here.



He's always had a special bond with Payton. He still calls her his dog.

I think he was about 6 months here. He was just starting to use those push walkers to get around.

One of his first year portraits

2 comments:

amber said...

Love all the pictures of Will! I've been telling myself I need to do one of those posts for a while! Mike and the rest of his squadron are flying jets up to Dallas today to get them out of this tropical storm down here. Wish we could go with him and see you! I'm sure we'll make it up there at some point before we leave TX. Looks like ya'll are having a fun summer!

The Joyce Family said...

Looking at all the pictures of Will made my eyes burn!! My how quickly they change!! How hard was it to pick just a few pictures from the millions I know you've taken?