Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Deep Thoughts with Will

There's really not much to report on this week, but I'm trying to keep this updated weekly for family, etc. so here goes. Will has said some pretty funny things lately, so I guess I'll write about those since it's a slow week.

He's been really bummed since Six Flags closed after the New Year. Everytime we drive by (which is pretty often), he says something about how he doesn't think it's closed and we should go. I reinforce how it's closed until the spring-time, and we'll go back when they open again. Well today he seemed particularly distraught when we drove by and said, "Mom, it's NOT closed." I of course said how it was indeed closed to which he replied, "Then where is the lid?"

We've recently brought potty training back up again (diapers for two is horrible on my Target budget!), so when Will is at my parents' house they give him a jelly bean for trying to sit on the potty. Well today I was over there with him and he came running to me that he needed to go potty. We hurried into the bathroom and as I'm getting ready to sit him on the toilet, I asked, "Do you need to go pee pee or poo poo?" His response-I just need a jelly bean.

So those stories may have been boring to some (or most) but I hope they entertained a few. This is the funniest stage-by far-yet and I am so blessed to be home to see it all. It's getting harder to get any great pics of Will lately because he either closes his eyes with a super cheesy grin or he runs away just as the camera flashes! But here's one of Maggie (thanks for the dress Nat!)


She's doing great-she's taking up to 6 steps now and getting a little sturdier on those feet. She is really happy with herself about this whole walking thing and as soon as she sits/falls, she looks around to make sure she gets some applause.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I found it entertaining! He's a funny kid. This is a fun...and challenging stage.