Thursday, July 12, 2007

Summer Days...finally












Well it's finally quit raining here. I think it rained something like 55 days in a row, but we've been pretty much rain free for a week. I actually had to water my flowers and turn the sprinklers back on! Will is so happy that we've been able to be outdoors more often. Of course he's still into the water hose, water table, and his little plastic pool (how I'm missing the pool at our old house NOW!), but he's also pretty into water parks these days. We found a little kid park that has a lazy river in it and he loves "swimming" all the way through it. Maggie has been so good, too. The first time we took her, I had her all decked out with her sunglasses, bathing suit, hat, etc. She slept the WHOLE time. So the second time, I just put her in a casual little outfit that she'd be cooler in than a clingy swimsuit and she didn't sleep at all. I finally just let her play in her clothes because she wanted to be just like her big brother splashing in the water!


I also just realized I didn't post pics from July 4. It was hard to get any good pictures of them both-Will only likes to "hold" Maggie for about a second at a time and then it's a race to catch her before he tries to get back up. Both the kids LOVED the fireworks and we actually got to see several different sets from where we were sitting. Will asked for more fireworks everyday for the next week. We went with some long time family friends and all the kids, grandkids, etc. Will made cupcakes for the occasion with EXTRA blue sprinkles. Yum...
Will still likes to help Maggie with her tummy time. It's getting harder and harder to get her to do any because as soon as I lay her down she rolls over onto her back. Now she thinks it's a game I think because she is always squealing when she does it!


I also posted a picture of the kids with my folks-they celebrated their 40 anniversary this past Sunday. That sounds a long way off from the big 5 that Eric and I will celebrate in November!


Hope everyone has a great week!

3 comments:

Max's Family said...

Your kids are so cute! I love all the pictures - especially the professional ones. You look great - exactly the same as you did in college!

Natalie Church said...

You do need a separate machine for embroidering things. Smocking is by hand. I suggest you just stick to the sewing for now and just pay for the others:) I will probably never have the patience to smock...very time consuming. Good luck on the dresses. I just made 2 more pair of pants today...Tori has been asleep for 2 1/2 hours:)

mkburcham said...

Hey Sum- I love the new pics, especially the one with Will in the doggy bed with the dog--so sweet! I love keeping up with you! Sounds as though you are busy, but having a fun summer with your kiddos. I bet those blue sprinkles were just so--yummy!!ha!
Love ya Mer