Thursday, January 22, 2009

The First Slumber Party


Shayla and me-somehow being 8 years apart age wise and living five hours away from each other doesn't keep us from constantly saying the same things and wearing matching clothes without planning it!
Molly and Maggie "painting" Maggie's hair with glitter hair pens. Gotta say, not my favorite thing that happened. It just turned into one sticky mess!
I had to put this picture on here because I caught Molly in a cross eye! This girl has some of the best expressions!
I can't remember why he was in this chair, but I'm pretty sure we were trying to get him to wake up from a nap (yes, he's almost four and still naps!). He slept in the middle of all the action, just like this, for probably close to an hour. Guess that slumber party didn't involve much slumber!

This past weekend, my sister and her girls came back for a long weekend to spend some time with my mom. Usually when they come, they stay at my parents' house which is less than a mile away and we spend all our days together but the nights apart. THIS TIME...considering my mom's been in the hospital for almost four weeks and my poor dad's been splitting time between there and work, we decided it would just be easier for them to stay with us. The timing worked out well, because about a few weeks ago, Will convinced me he needed a bunk bed. I had taken Maggie to start looking at beds that she liked for her big girl room, and he was just facinated by all the bunk beds. He had his heart set on one almost from the get go, and the more I thought about it, the more I was able to rationalize it! We've chosen (for now) now to put the second bed underneath and he just uses that as play space/reading space, etc. This weekend it was "the cave" because we hung blankets off the top part and the three kids set up their ready beds underneath for a night full of good rest...
We had a great time with them but we've gotten spoiled lately with our long trips here or there. Three days was just not enough! Shayla and I spent most of the weekend with my mom while Eric somehow managed with all four kids all weekend-thanks honey! My brother and his family pitched in too, and hopefully my dad was able to get some rest along the way.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

It's crazy how much you and your sister look alike in that picture! I've never noticed it.

The Joyce Family said...

You do look alike! The cousins looked like they had so much fun. Maggie just cracks me up with her willingness to try anything.

Karen said...

Glad to see Will has inherited his Mom's sleeping ability!