Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy St Patty's Day, Easter, Birthday Part 2

We'll do the pics first the week...there are tons, and they are mostly out of order. Sorry!


Will digging into Maggie's cake!

Will and Molly at the Dallas World Aquarium

Maggie did not understand that this highchair was for her dolls. I know she's skinny (a whopping 18 pounds at the doctor last week) but this girl is a bottomless pit-the poster child for exercise I guess.

Talking on her new cell phone

We busted Will and Molly digging into their Pinata grab bags-clearly they had no shame!

Maggie with the pinata



Into the cake

Still...into the cake


Eric, Me, and Mags with her cake

After the pinata fell

Will helping Maggie with her mash cake-not that she needed it!

Macy, Will, Molly, Brandon, Maggie, and Allie Grace
 

 

She was NOT drinking this-but all the big kids had juice boxes and one got left on the table so she decided she wanted to try it too. She looks like such a big girl!
 
Posted by Picasa

Digging into some spaghetti at Old Spaghetti Warehouse in West End

Maggie at the Neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt

Will at the Hunt

On the way home, Maggie was resting her head on Will's shoulder-so sweet (he's already gotten into the candy from the Eggs he found--he won third place for his age group so I guess all that practice paid off!)

Maggie's birthday table

Maggie's cakes. I love my new favorite bakery---Kathy's Icing on the Cake!

Will dyeing Easter Eggs



They couldn't wait to taste the icing I guess

Maggie on her "birthday Sunday" not sitting still for a picture...


What a crazy couple weeks this has been! The day after Maggie's "real" birthday, we started the Easter celebrations with Will's Easter parade and party at school (he had Spring Break the week before Easter). That began the practice Easter egg hunts that took place daily (like 24/7) for the next week. Will was so into doing this, and that was even before he figured out there was candy in some of the eggs! We also found out Maggie had a double ear infection that weekend-I'm really hoping this means they'll do tubes, but we had to go to Saturday clinic so we haven't seen our pediatrician yet.

Monday was St. Patty's Day, which we really only celebrate by the clothes that we wear, but we said it all day long while we ran errands, so it still broke up the Easter celebrations. The next day it rained ALL DAY here, so we spent a whole day at home. We decided to have Easter Tuesday, so my mom, grandma, and nephew Brandon all came over to help. We dyed Easter Eggs, had more hunts, and made an Easter Egg cake (very into this cake decorating thing now!). So the rest of the week we celebrated Easter with more hunts and visits to see the Easter Bunny (and unfortunately Maggie was popping in two new molars while struggling with her ears) until Saturday when we had Maggie's official birthday party (after a neighborhood Easter Egg hunt that morning). God gave us beautiful weather that day and all the kids had a blast! My sister's fam, brother's, parents, grandma, aunt, cousins, and some friends came to help us celebrate. After a few hours of celebration, everyone crashed and we woke up to find that the Easter Bunny had come for a visit. My kids must be so confused!

My sister and her girls stayed for a few days past Easter, but most of the activities from that visit will have to come on another post! Have a great week!

4 comments:

Brittney said...

Maggie's outfit on her birthday is too cute...the tutu, the leggings! I love it! It sure looks like she had a good time turning one! I love the picture with her head resting on Will's...that is precious!

Natalie Church said...

Parties, parties, parties!! It looks like they both had a great month...I've been out of the loop with our trip. I'm glad she had a great first birthday. Oh, I like Will's shirt that says Mom rocks!

Paige said...

Summer Mittig I can believe how busy you have been!! And I absolutely love all of the decorations...and by the way can I please have a cake decorated for my birthday? I would also like a crown. LOVE the pictures!!!!

Wendy said...

I like cake decorating too. We should start a business! I thought about buying that Betty Crocker cake decorating set. Is that what you have? Looks like Maggie had a super fun birthday...and I think Caleb weighs almost as much as she does! Ok, maybe a few pounds less.