Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Maggie!

It's so hard for me to believe, but my baby girl is already one year old! She has brought such joy to our family, and we are so incredibly thankful that God blessed us with our little Maggie. We decided to celebrate Maggie's big day in the most fitting way we could imagine-full of activity, lots of smiles, loved by friends and family, and all new experiences. The day turned out better than I could have dreamed! Rather than explain it all with words, I'll let the pictures tell the story...I'll warn you that there are way more pictures on here than anyone other than family will want to see!


The start to our day...Maggie in her birthday hat at her birthday table

Getting ready to "blow" the candle out on her first ever chocolate chip pancake-a family tradition for birthdays in our family

Loving that pancake!

Typical-feeding Miller her leftovers!

At Pump It Up-I wasn't sure what she'd think about all the action here, but she loved every minute!

Maggie practicing a cheerleader pose maybe?

Pump It Up was such a fun place to celebrate! We were scoping things out for Will's birthday party and I think he approved!

All four of us had a great time on the slide

Will and Maggie sliding together-I know I say this a lot, but they are so fun to watch, especially as they are able to do more together

I kept trying to get a good picture of Maggie with Eric, but she's such a wiggle worm and all she wanted to do was get back up that slide!

Maggie and Mama

Maggie and Will feeding the ducks after our picnic

I love how they were swinging their arms

Maggie thought the bread was for her to eat instead of feed to the ducks

We have found that the best entertainment for Will has been the construction going on for Eric's office. This morning, a huge dump truck came to our house and dumped a monster pile of dirt. Since the workers didn't get everything done in a day, the kids really enjoyed playing in these dirt piles all over the backyard!

Maggie in her new rocking chair trying to figure out which present she wants to open first!

Tyler and Maddie came over to bring her a new PINK bubble mower-Will has the matching blue one...

At Toys R Us test driving a pink corvette-maybe next year!

I just thought this was a funny one-they both ran over to the train table, and Will grabbed as many trains as he could hold

Leaving Toys R Us, Maggie loving on her big brother-I think he gets more hugs than all of us put together!

Maggie with her cake-this is the first of two parties we'll have for her, so I decided to make one of her cakes-it took forever and didn't turn out quite like I'd pictured (and for those who know me well, I know you're laughing at the thought of me trying to decorate a cake), but it was made with love and tasted great!

No shyness here-Maggie DUG IN!

The face of sheer joy!

Now all the icing's gone, time to start on the chocolate!

This is Maggie's sign for "finished", and that she was...after a long day and a mild sugar crash!

11 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow, I was super impressed with that cake. I thought it looked professional. That's a cute pic of you and Maggie at the jumpy place.

Karen said...

You are correct, I was on the floor laughing about the cake. I thought you were kidding for a minute, but then I realized you were serious. You did a really good job! Perhaps you could go into the cake decorating business.

Sumer Mittig, never too many pictures of your kids. Happy B-Day Maggie!

Amanda said...

The cake looks cute! Happy Birthday Maggie! As I sit typing this E.C. is laying on the floor with her baby Maggie talking to Will! We have good tastes in names!

Kimberly said...

Happy BIrthday, Maggie! I can't believe she is ONE! She is absolutely adorable in all of her outfits and it looks like she is having a ball on her birthday!

Stephanie Reeves said...

Look's like she had a great birthday! Trip's is coming up in a couple of weeks. Great job on the cake too..... Glad to be returning to "blogworld." Love-

mkburcham said...

The cake looked adorable-I think you did a great job! What a perfect little party for a princess! So fun to have a little girl--and I can't believe she is 1!!

Missanyss said...

Love the priceless faces. Great job on the cake! Looked like you bought it from a store!

Brittney said...

Looks like Maggie had the best birthday...what fun parents you are! I love the picture of you and her...you look great! It makes me excited about my two seeing how close and fun your two are!

mkburcham said...

Hey-I just got your comment on my post about C-secs and I cannot tell you how much peace it brought to me-it really helps to know others that have gone through it-and that everything turned out okay--I am so--thankful that you commented tonight, I didn't know you had c-secs--thank you for the encouragement and prayers--it means so much much! Love ya

Mindy said...

what a great birthday! I personally loved ALL of the pics, from the birthday pancake to the family slide pic, to the ducks! You are such a great mom and your family is so cute!

amber said...

Wow, what a lucky little 1 year old! What a fun day that was! You did such a great job on the decorations, cake, party etc... Love the picture of you with Maggie. I wish I could get one that good of Luke and I!

Happy Easter!