Monday, February 16, 2009

Michigan!

Me and my girl watching the "men" ice fishing!

Maggie being Maggie-food in one hand, drink in the other

Will and Papa were watching Kynthia feed their goats-she told Will to look at them stick out their tongues and check his out!


Devin, Shane, Maggie, Will, Brandon, and Brandon-these are the professional Wii players!




Not sure what happened to this picture but they were playing hockey in the basement. I couldn't get wide enough to get the whole shot, but they were all playing and it was like a real game!



Kevin, Eric, and Bayer-friends since high school or maybe before-
Kevin and Kynthia's kids-Shane and Brandon--cousins Devin and Brandon--and Will. These boys had so much fun playing together!
Will was a big fan of sledding. I'm guessing we'll be doing a lot of this in Colorado!
Eric pulling Princess Maggie-that's the frozen over lake behind them where we ice fished

Okay, maybe I overpacked a little. This didn't even count our 4 carryon bags! But I'd like to say we wore everything I took!
Gotta say, I was a little bit nervous about ice fishing-especially after that little problem on Lake Erie, but we had fun-this was his first fish!

Throwing a fish back that wasn't a keeper!
It's so hard being a princess-she was pulled EVERYWHERE in this sled, so I'm not really sure why she's the one yawning!

The grandkids with Grandma reading stories before bed on our last night there!



So I know I am the WORST blogger lately-we've been super busy with my mom and traveling and I'm splitting what little time I have left between the blog world and facebook. So...I'll try to keep the updates coming as frequently as I can because I'm horrible at scrapbooking and this is how I remember things, and so I can update the few loyal blogfans I have left.

We went to Michigan last week to see Grandma, Papa, Aunt Alison, Uncle Andy, and cousins Devin and Brandon, as well as some old friends Eric hadn't seen in WAY too long! We had so much fun, and thankfully the weather wasn't as cold as I had imagined it was going to be. We also celebrated Eric's birthday while we were there, and even though the suprise part of the party didn't go off as planned (rather WHEN it was planned), he was still surprised and we had a great time.

For those keeping track, my mom is home from rehab finally and is doing better. She goes back in a few weeks to schedule the correction for the left leg. We found out the company that made her titanium hip replacements the first time around that are now breaking and causing her to go through all these surgeries went out of business. Can you believe that? Who knows how many other people are affected?

We are having a fun year so far-Maggie and Will are just so much fun-I had forgotten how much I loved this age Maggie is-or maybe I don't remember it since she was a newborn when Will was this age! Either way, I am loving it and so thankful I'm "home" with them to enjoy every minute!

4 comments:

The Joyce Family said...

It looks like your family had such a great time. Will really seemed to enjoy time with his boy cousins-what a difference(from wearing high heels to ice fishing)!!! How did Maggie hold up with the boys? I love the huge smile on Eric's face in the pic with his friends!

Mindy said...

I LOVE both your kids expressions on their faces on the slides! Those are priceless. :)

Wendy said...

I'm glad you got to try out the snow before ski trip...at least the kids didn't hate it. Here's hoping....

mkburcham said...

Hey you! When is your ski trip to Colorado?? I think you said you were going to Monarch..that is about 3 hours or so from Denver..let me know when you are coming, it would be fun to see you!! It looks like the kids loved the snow!!!